54, Artist/Pilates Instructor
A bit about us:
We are Sian Faber (Kiwi , 54 year old Sumner, Christchurch) married to 60 year old Guy Faber and having just come out of lock down we are fighting fit and ready to help with look after your home and loved ones.
We are self-employed designer/artists who sold up our Sydney home to enjoy a more peripatetic lifestyle, and, with the advantages of the internet, our home is wherever we hang our hat.
Not having children of our own allowed us to pour love into our two cats, Junebug (pedigree Abyssinian in Sydney) and Mr Ripley (the all-black street rescue in Spain) - both two of the world's greatest cats, currently residing with friends who love them as much as we do.
Whilst we maintain strong connections with Sydney, we also own a vintage motorhome here in New Zealand (called 'Lulu') & also have a beautiful art studio nestled in the Andalusian mountains of southern Spain.
Our love of travel over the past 20 years has seen us house sitting and/or letting our own homes - always making sure our own animals were are well looked after, so we understand the importance of having the right caretaker of your home and loved ones.
In New Zealand, 'Lulu' is our home on wheels. She allows us to travel, work and visit family (an 83yr old mother, 3 brothers and 9 nieces/nephews), while enjoying the great outdoors, particularly fly-fishing for Guy and painting for me. Lulu is solar-powered, self contained and has electric bikes, so we can park up jump on them. An old school bus, we both drive her on an ordinary drivers license, and she can park on all roads.
In fact when the season allows, we can be found parked on or near a river (with permission granted) or in some remote mountain area... and in 2019 we were proudly became the first overseas members of the Gore Sheep Dog Trial Club... & the first ever without actually owning a dog!
We love and respect the environment and love land-based fishing (catch & release is Guy's thing, although once a year when he catches a small, silvery male, he'll present it to the table) thus we have a unbending respect for the fauna and flora of the countryside.
Having both grown up with dogs, chickens and around rural properties with sheep, pigs,horses, goats, donkeys and so forth, we have a good basic knowledge of looking after small animals.
We both value the acceptance and friendship offered by animals (alpacas, horses, donkeys, mules, peacocks, kookaburras, cockatoos, monkeys wekas, keas... even a rescue kangaroo that thinks he's a dog), and thankfully in our time pet-minding, none have come to any harm on our watch... and we understand the importance of hygiene, indoors and outdoors, furniture and carpet protection, flea and worming control, the right feeding regimes, exercising, obedience and good manners... (I used to tell my German Shepherd "don't be rude" & I swear she understood) and, of course, physical cuddles, play & genuine affection.
We are also well experienced in the running of households and security, general home and vehicle and garden maintenance, and we hold valid drivers licences - both Australian and New Zealand.
Guy, born in Africa and UK educated, is a designer and ran his own agency in Sydney for 25 years, as well as a catering company. He loves his cycling & fly-fishing. A good all rounder with a green thumb, he is an okay handyman, who can apply himself to solving most problems or - if not - finding the person who can.
After Christchurch, Sian's family moved to a hobby farm in Whangarei, and later she graduated from Elam Fine Art School in Auckland, before moving to Sydney in 1988 where she ran her own Pilates and Remedial Massage business for 25 years loves all things to do with the ocean, is very interested in health, food, exercise, hiking and dog-walking.
This year, Covid19 has us marooned in New Zealand - but we couldn't be happier!
We are looking forward to meeting you and helping you look after your home and loved ones.
- Siani (54) artist, massage therapist & Pilates instructor (25 yrs in Sydney), a Kiwi who's lived in Christchurch/Sumner, Whangerei and Auckland. Fine Art degree (Elam Fine Art School). Lived in Sydney for 28yrs, now lives between NZ, Sydney and Andalucian mountains of Spain. Loves yoga, swimming & hiking. Grew up with family dogs, chickens and cats and has owned cats for last 12 years. Has roots here in NZ: Mother, 3 brothers and 9 nieces/nephews.
- Guy (60) designer (ran his own Graphic Design agency Sydney for 26 years), born in Africa, educated in the UK, lived in Sydney 30yrs, now lives between NZ, Sydney and Andalucian mountains of Spain. Loves yoga, cycling and fly-fishing. Grew up with family dogs and has owned a cats for last 12 years.
- No police record. Never been charged or convicted.
- Reliable & Trustworthy... been on both sides of fence: owned houses and/or apartments for 40 years. Rented out our Bondi and Potts Point Apartments extensively (via Airbnb... which they also used extensively throughout Europe & Asia).
- Reasonably handy at fixing things, excellent at sourcing and liaising with suppliers.
- Since 2017, operated and overseen a Spanish guesthouse for Dutch friends in Spanish mountaintop village.
- Pet lovers and House-sat for friends in Sydney (in 2017, 2018, 2019). Happy to exercise with pets as fitness is important part of their daily regime.
- Both have current Drivers licence, First Aid knowledge and own a self-contained Vintage campervan which fully licensed, insured and roadworthy.
Thanks in advance.