62, Retired Reliever Teacher
We are a loving, professional couple. We built and owned a beautiful architecturally designed home in St Heliers (featured in Urbis Magazine 2005).
We always owned a dog. We like cats and farm animals too. We enjoy gardening.
We are healthy, fit and quiet.
We are originally from Canada, but have been living in New Zealand since 1986. Louis was asked to come here to open an office for a multinational consulting firm.
We lived in Christchurch for the first 12 years and then moved to Auckland in 1998 (we lived in and have been here ever since).
Our two sons were born in Christchurch and have both finished university in Auckland. The oldest is now working in the USA and the youngest has moved out as well, so we are now on our own.
We decided to start house sitting 7 years ago to experience living in different parts of New Zealand, before deciding where to finally settle down again.
We are both home during the day. Louis has his own business and works from home.
We have been house sitting for more than 7 years in different suburbs of Auckland mainly and, on small farms. Consequently, we have expanded our expertise and love for a wider range of animals and lifestyles.
We have a deep respect for the trust that homeowners have in us and the unconditional love that their animals display toward us.
Preferred locations: from 2021,
anywhere in New Zealand
References: Please ask for contact phone numbers.
* Rachel & Don (Red Hill, 1 dog)
* Heather & Glen (Birkenhead, 1 cat)
* Tracy (Takapuna, 5 overseas students, 3 cats)
* Natalie & Shane (Newton, 1 cat, 1 dog)
* Michael & Barry (Titirangi, garden)
* Raewyn (Turua, 1 cat, chickens, garden)
* Heather (Taupaki, 1 dog, cows, chickens)
* Dione (Otahuhu, 1 cat)
* Marion (Botany, 1 dog, garden)
* Erin & Andrew (Takanini, 1 cat, 1 dog)
* Sue & Ron (Mt Eden, 2 dogs, 3 cats)
* Donna & Chris (St Heliers, 1 dog)
* Ruth (Mission Bay, 1 dog)
* Stacy & William (Botany, 2 dogs)
* Amanda (Pukekawa, 1 cat, 2 dogs, chickens)
* Jo & Andrew (Maraetai, 2 dogs)
* Mariette & Iman (Clevedon, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 2 donkeys, chickens)
* Samantha & Lance (Waimauku, 1 dog, 3 cats, chickens, cows, sheep)
* Maggie & Peter (Sandringham, 1 dog)
* Dion & Bash (Flat Bush, 2 children, 1 dog)
* Nicky & Neil (Waiuku, 2 dogs, 1 goat, 4 pigs)
* Margaret & Doug (Waiuku, 2 cats)
* Amrita & Vikram (Flat Bush, 1 dog)
* Carolyn (Te Hihi, 3 horses, 1 cat, 2 dogs)
* Kanani & Mark (Miranda, 1 cat, 6 sheep, 12 chickens, garden)
* Maggie & David (Ararimu, alpacas, sheep, cows, 2 donkeys, 2 dogs)
* Gail & John (Conifer Grove, Takanini, 2 dogs, 1 cat, garden)
* Lindsay (Howick, 1 dog)
* Louisa & Arturo (Wattledowns, 1 dog, garden)
* Brenda & Barry (Karaka, 2 cats)
* Suzanne & Daren (Half Moon Bay, 1 dog)
* Alison & Shaun (Alexandra, 2 horses, cows, chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat, garden)
* Konnie & Manfred (Te Kuiti, rabbit farm, chickens, 1 dog, 1 cat, garden)
* Lillian & Neil (Beach Haven, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 chickens and 3 goldfish)
* Justine & Clinton (Pukekohe, 2 dogs, 1 cat)
* Kathy & Tony (North Shore City, 1 dog, 1 cat)
* Rachitha & David (Grey Lynn, 1 dog)
* Judith & Guy (Kauri Point, Katikati, 1 dog, 1 cat)
* Liza & Paul (Onewhero, 4 dogs)
* Jan & Philip (Matata, 1 dog, garden)
* Linda & Gary (Hamilton, 2 dogs, garden)
* Sally (Gisborne, 2 dogs)
* Claire (Hamilton, 1 cat, garden)
* Louise & Harry (Papamoa area, 2 retired long distance racing horses, 8 cows, 2 cats)
* Kayleigh & Dan (Maraetai, 1 indoor rabbit)
* Lisi & Richard (Sumner, CH-CH, 1 dog)